Procedures for Requesting Maintenance
Although we have a very detailed preventative maintenance program where we inspect and maintain your home on a monthly basis, you may find it necessary to contact us for a maintenance or service request.
- BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REQUEST, check to see if there is something that could be causing what APPEARS to be a repair problem. Examples of this specifically are listed below. Be sure to read these examples carefully.
- DETERMINE IF IT IS AN EMERGENCY OR A NON-EMERGENCY ISSUE.
Types of Emergencies
- Fire, flood and/or uncontrollable water, electrical problem, smell of gas, etc. call 911
- Emergencies causing immediate danger such as fire call 911
- Emergencies involving IMMEDIATE electrical danger, call the utility company
- Emergencies such as backed up plumbing, flooding, call the Southbay Group emergency number (512) 818-6542.
- Loss of A/C or heat is not an emergency. Southbay Group recognizes this is a priority item and will make it a priority with the vendors to have the A/C or heat working as soon as is possible.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 512-818-6542 AND SPEAK WITH YOUR PROPERTY MANAGER.
Non-Emergency Maintenance Procedures
Please use the form below to submit a maintenance request. DO NOT text your service request.
CHECK THE FOLLOWING, IF APPROPRIATE, BEFORE CALLING:
- Air-conditioner does not work. Check ALL circuit breakers. During hot weather or if a circuit breaker overloads, it will trip off the circuit A/C breaker. Often it is difficult to see that the breaker is tripped and it will look like it is not. Therefore, the breaker must be turned all the way off and then all the way on. The breaker must be turned all the way off because it will not “reset” itself to correct the problem.
- Clear a clogged drain by using a plunger or use a chemical drain cleaner.
- Electrical does not work in part of the house. Check reset button on GFCI (Ground fault interrupter).
- Tripping circuit breakers. Check all appliances to see if the circuits are being overloaded with appliances such as irons, microwave, toaster, curling irons, blow dryers, etc.
Tenant will be responsible for the following charges, which are due at the time of service:
- If there is a service call and a breaker is tripped. (Vendor’s Actual Charge)
- Plumbing stoppages or obstructions caused by tenant – (Vendor’s Actual Charge)
- Missed appointment charge – (Vendor’s Actual Charge)
- If the tenant reports a repair which does not require service – (Vendor’s Actual Charge)
- Any damage to the property caused by Tenant or tenant’s guests – (Vendor’s Actual Charge)
- Lockout service or key delivery – ($50.00 minimum payable at delivery)
- Pest Control – (Vendor’s Actual Charge)
- Window Breakage – (Vendor’s Actual Charge)
- Unscheduled Trip Charge – ($50.00)
- Physical Rent Collection after the 5th – ($50.00 per visit)
- Southbay does not replace any batteries or light bulbs. Items that have batteries are thermostat, smoke/CO2 detectors, fan remotes, garage door remotes.